Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Down Kitty, Down!

So good old March definitely has come in as a bit of a lion this year. Three weeks ago (in FEBRUARY) we had this...


and this...


And then yesterday and today we had this...


In fact, since that lovely spring day where I ran around taking snaps of the spring flowers, it has now snowed four times. And you say "but yes, Suz, you live in the mountains, surely that is no big deal!" To which I have to reply that actually no, we live in the foothills and those four snows were the first four we've had all year at our humble commode. So yeah, spring has officially unsprung. Its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

Furthermore, due to the unseasonably cold weather we've been having, my cat has decided the warmest place to spend the wee hours of the morning is directly on my head. This is me trying to make a space to breathe amongst all the fuzz. I have to say though, that it is oddly pleasant and comforting to have a soft purring kitty blot out all of that pesky alarm clock noise!


The Hub and I also suffered minor health setbacks this weekend and therefore ratcheted our activity level down from somewhere in the vicinity of "sluglike" to "almost completely comatose". So will someone be sure and give us a hibernation wake up call when spring finally arrives?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee hee, I think Talley and I tend to gravitate somewhere between "ennui beat poet" and "immovable object" when winter comes...

Kitty Cat, Kitty Hat!

Tim? said...

When Annette and I met it was the second day of spring and the first snowfall of the year.

A good omen, that one.

Anonymous said...

Is it spring ?? wouldn't know it .. we even had snow here 2 weeks ago! and it never snows in the land of leprechauns. Cute cat she does look cosy.


olive

Anonymous said...

You said "our humble commode". Isn't everyone's humble??? Hope you both feel better and take the time to open the Xmas presents...

Love,
Dad

Kathleen said...

your lucky. paprikash WALKS on our heads every morning! and then he goes to the bottom of the bed and bites my toes. that is my alarm clock. hee...

molly is a special kitty....you lucky girl.