Thursday, June 08, 2006

Testing... Testing... 1,2,3...

Okay, so to test out the new "easier" photo posting offered by this here blogger site I have some lovely new images for you!


This is the trial pot holder that I knitted up to see if the yarn a friend gave me would felt up... And the answer is no. Absolutely not. No felting (which is drastic and on-purpose post knit yarn shrinkage) despite being actually boiled in a pot on the stove, so it looks like we are welcoming a new blue Mr. Potholder to the kitchen staff! Come on in! Hold some pots!

There is a slightly funny story about the yarn however, so I will digress...
The dark blue yarn came from a married friend. It actually came from her husband who had a hand-knit sweater from a former girlfriend. Evidently said sweater was grossly too large for said husband, possibly indicating said ex-girlfriend's complete disconnect between reality and fantasy of her soon to be ex-boyfriend. So my friend frogged it! Yep that's right, just like that Weezer song that is now permanently stuck in my head... "if you want to destroy my sweater (woah oh oh oh oh) hold this thread while I walk away (while I walk away!)" Sweater 0 Friend 1.


And this little snuggly creation is what I will now and forever more refer to as my Fluffyfuzzynubble hat! That I knitted with my own two hands! And used complex new-fangled gear like "circular needles" and even "double pointed needles"! I figured out how to make it from a lovely knitter/blogger in LA who posts all her "recipes" for fellow knitting newbies. Although I did have to omit the gleeful consumption of alcohol part, as the midwife has casually mentioned that booze can SLOW DOWN OR POSTPONE LABOR and I am pretty much ready to get this show on the road!

Hmmm, so what are we missing here? Pot holder... hat... sweater anecdote... Aha! Me! That's what we're missing!


To appease my inner narcissist I just had to post this picture of my hair being really cute. I did a little swirly spurty up-do from Cousin Kathleen with wet hair the day before, and got a second day of swirly curly hair for free! Two do's for the price of six bobby pins! Ya can't beat that bargain with a stick!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love random blog thought day!

Kathleen said...

i am impressed with the craftiness, cous!

Anonymous said...

agree with all...just watch those double pointed needles!!

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Grandma would be proud of your knitting prowness! Good job!