Monday, October 05, 2009

We Are Here!

The title of this entry is a quote the Dr. Seuss book, Horton Hears a Who, and yes, we read a lot of Seuss here. Yopp!

So despite the fact that we have not been audible to any but the keenest of ears, we have been here working away on our building! I don't know if y'all remember, but Casa Remodel had never been completely painted. For 20 or 30 years, it has sat, with paint on the siding only as far as the former owner could reach...



Finally that situation has been rectified, due to a hard working dude named Mark and his paint sprayer!


What do you think of the "Iced Mocha" and "Colonial Red"? I personally want to eat it!

So we haven't quite finished the trim paint on the front of the house, but I still think it is a huge improvement!



We also had the interior door thresholds installed, the baseboard and door trim finished, and I finally got the toe kicks done on the kitchen cabinets and the rest of the cabinet side panels on! Up next: bathroom towel racks and a toilet paper holder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I like the two colors on the outside, makes the house look about 80 years newer. And the flagstone walkway near the front of the house goes quite well with the....er....abandoned desk that I seem to remember from when I was there! And I like the way Mark covered the heat pump so as to not get it splattered with paint, he is a detail guy! Love the new front windows, and has a tree or 2 been removed on the front???
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Just gotta tell ya again, the neighbors must be soooooo happy you got the outside of that house fixed up so very nice now...or they are jealous with envy! I also did not realize that the house next to you that you rent out was so big, in my mind it was much smaller. Altogether very very much improvement in that part of El Portal!
Love,
Dad