Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Too Busy To Take Photos, Alas

Well now that its Tuesday night and I've recovered, here's how the weekend went at overschedulers.com...

Friday Gal's Climbing Day took a trip out of the hot and steamy Yosemite Valley, up to the high country in Tuolomne. We had a lovely little party of three for this little gem. We were still basking in the sun all day, but the breeze was cool enough that we were not baked on the rock, yay! And since Stately Pleasure Dome, overlooks the tantalizing Tenaya Lake, we went for a refreshing dip after the climb and a few minutes of much deserved lounging on the warm sandy beach.

Saturday dawned the same sunny and clear way that we Californians come to always expect. So our little family decided to also take advantage of the nearby higher altitudes for a wholesome hike. Unfortunately the day did not turn out like those in the pictures. It sort of rained on us. Well, pretty much poured, hailed, and even thundered. So we glimpsed the lake and ran for the car. About a mile from the car, with a 40 lb kiddo strapped to my back, I had to give up the jog and resort to the low energy shuffling. I did get in a little nap in on the way back though, due to my carcoleptic tendencies...

Sunday we had to do a mondo Costco run, but I had to keep a good thing going, so I got in a two hour mountain bike ride before heading into the grand metropolis of Merced. I do have to mention at this point, after returning from shopping, and getting the kiddo in bed, I laid down in bed for a wee rest and konked out before 9 pm. Party animal.

Monday consisted of 4 loads of laundry, vacuuming, dishes for days, finding space for all of the Costco purchases in the pantry, naps and even a bit o' knitting.

So then today, Jackson's buddy at daycare had a birthday party after school, and The Huzbunkle and I found ourselves with 3 free hours. And much to his chagrin, I dragged him out for another mountain bike ride...

I think I'm the luckiest person on earth to get to play this much, with such a wonderful family and community, in such a lovely place. Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy times. Glad to hear about the biking, it will keep you and Lee much healthier over the years. Carcoleptic..."One who has a condition characterized by attacks of deep sleep when inside a moving vehicle." Actually found that on the web...probably not in Websters though. I hike about a mile around a small lake here at work in Bowie also...flat, man made, surrounded by buildings for half the trip, but nice if its not over 100 degrees. No huge rocky mountains to climb up though, probably for the best! And you are indeed lucky, and very deserving of that luck!
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

So, Kubla Khan, when hiking did you take the "much better first pitch" or the "weird start" with much traversing? Wish I had more energy, but have too many books to get through.....lisa