Friday, January 28, 2005

Don't Let the Doorknob Hit 'Cha...

I went to school today to finish cleaning out my desk and to make sure I'd gotten everything off of my computer. This part of the moving process is always a bit melancholy. It is sort of sad to throw away the detritus of two years of intellectual activity (and all of the photocopies that you messed up that you were trying to use as scrap paper...) Then you have to say good bye to the nice people in your office that you pretty much know you will never see again, since they live in Poland and Pakistan. But the "here's your hat, what's your hurry" that made it a bit more depressing is that someone had already told someone else to go ahead and take my flat screen monitor. The poor new guy looked so shocked and defensive when I came begging for my screen back, just for a few hours. Please. I'll put it back when I'm done. So that is how my GMU career fizzled to an end, with me crawling around under desks with my trousers falling down and my plumber's butt showing.

But on the up side, one of the very nice office mates did give me a lovely little gift of Pakistani candy dish.



Lovely, but still melancholy...

No comments: