Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Women In My Life...

Last week when we got in Janine to go get Tabitha (cars, if you are just joining us) we were greeted with the lovely aroma of gasoline. OUR BRAND NEW CAR! And she had a horribly odiferous, fume-filled interior due to some undiagnosed fuel leak. Yum. So we did the old car switcheroo, and drove her to the shop, and picked up the truck. The Zippy car is also in the shop (WAY down in Merced) so now we are down to one functioning car, and Tabitha at that. God love 'er. Hopefully we'll be back at operating capacity of three functioning cars by next week. Or not. Whatever. Where do I have to go? I'm supposed to be finishing my paper! Ack! But before I go a quick story...

Molly (a cat, NOT a car) is an indoor/outdoor kitty. Well, that kinda makes her sound like astroturf, but anyway... When I let her out for the first time after getting settled here she got in a huge fight with the neighbor kitty and everyone came running to break it up. The neighbor cat is a big old orange Tom who's lived here for about 10 years, and needless to say is rather territorial. Molly is (much like her mother, I like to think) tiny but tough, and very adaptable. The neighbor guy ended up chasing both of the cats into the wild rosemary and sort of flopping around in there getting himself covered in pleasantly scented ticks. I tried to tell him that I'm sure they'd come back if he'd stop tormenting them, but he really was trying to help, so I pulled the old "Hey I hear my phone ringing, I gotta run" to escape. Both cats made their way home within the hour with nary a yowl from either. So later that night the Hubby and I are snuggling with our little scrapper and he thinks he feels a tick in her fur by her front shoulder. He digs around and pulls it out and finally say "Holy Cow, look at this!" Lo and behold, it isn't a tick, but a CLAW! Embedded in her shoulder! She looks at him as if to say, "Yeah, so?" and snuggles back down. She's my hero.



So now-a-days if Molly goes out, it is early in the morning before the old Tom is awake. As a matter of fact she just came back inside after being outside for two and a half hours. And what is the first thing she does? She takes a big old stinky crap in her cat box. Thanks, Molly. You are so tough and scrappy, but prefer the cleanliness and privacy of your own personally serviced toilet facility. I guess I didn't go to Environmental Engineer school for nothin', huh?

And finally, the news you've all been waiting for, SuzieHulaHoop is finally google-able! Yeppers, you can now type my title into Google and get not only this site, but my Flickr picture hosting site as well. I feel like I'm finally part of something! Something closely akin to "searchable nonsense words", but something nonetheless!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

paddy used to do that...be outside for hours, but come inside to poop and pee....
paddy. my 23 pound maine-coon who could rip your arm off with one swipe (i have a ten year old scar on my right hand!...we were playing...)
he was so tough and mean...but preferred the la-di-da-ness of his kittybox compared to the rugged outdoors.

puddytats.
sigh.

Kathleen said...

i just tried to google "mskathleen" and came up with a site for a dominatrix in pa. with that title...
yikes!
hee!
far cry from "teacher of the shorties"....lol

Anonymous said...

Spiders, mean old cats, gas fumes...I don't wonder that your cat came in to crap! Gotta have some peace and security for such an important task...

Anonymous said...

If I had a nickel for every time I pulled a claw out of my shoulder with dignity and aplomb...well...

Maybe I would have a nickel!

OOuuuggghhhhh!!!!